It is important to apply the best astronomical software to enhance your pictures. Otherwise noise, blur, light pollution, hot and cold pixels and low exposures can degrade our work. Here is a list of my favorite astrophotography software:
* Image Stacking: Registax, PhotoAcute Studio, Nebulosity and DeepSkyStacker.
* Retouching: Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop.
* Zooming: onOne Genuine Fractals.
* Sharpening: Maximum entropy deconvolution with AstroArt, and wavelets with Registax.
* Noise removal: Neat Image.
* Video edition: VirtualDub, Adobe Premiere and EasyBMPtoAVI.
* Night sky renderers: Stellarium, StarryNight, Google Earth & WikiSky.